Grand Cru site or appellation in the municipality of Morey-Saint-Denis in the Burgundy region of Côte d'Or. It was already mentioned at the beginning of the 12th century under the then name "La Forge". In 1141 it was acquired by the Saint Bernard abbey "Notre-Dame de Tart" and was given its present name. After an eventful history with several changes of ownership, the vineyard was acquired as a monopoly in 1932 by Joanny Mommessin, a wine merchant from Mâcon (Beaujolais). It was classified as Grand Cru in 1939. Since 1996, the "Domaine du Clos de Tart" has been managed by Sylvain Piteot, who has implemented a number of quality improvement measures. A yield limitation was introduced, chemical fertilizers were abandoned and the cement fermentation tanks were replaced by steel tanks. The vineyard, which faces east-south-east at an altitude of around 300 metres above sea level, covers 7.5 hectares of vineyards on weathered limestone. It is enclosed by a wall. To the north lies the Grand Cru vineyard Clos des Lambrays, to the south the Grand Cru vineyard Bonnes-Mares.
The wein.plus encyclopaedia is a comprehensive, well-researched reference work. Available anytime and anywhere, it has become an indispensable part of teaching, used by students and myself alike. Highly recommended!Dominik Trick
Technischer Lehrer, staatl. geprüfter Sommelier, Hotelfachschule Heidelberg