The winery is located in the commune of Pauillac in the area of the same name in the Médoc (Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux) in the immediate vicinity of the famous Château Latour. The land was acquired between 1686 and 1689 by Pierre de Mazure de Rauzan (he was also the owner of the later divided Château Rauzan in Margaux). This was the period in the Médoc when there were few vineyards and the vast swamps were only just beginning to be drained and vineyards were being planted. In 1694, his daughter married Baron Jacques de Pichon-Longueville, who was the first president of the Bordeaux parliament. From then on the estate was called "Château Pichon-Longueville". After the death of the descendant Baron Joseph de Pichon-Longueville in 1850, his three daughters Sophie de Pichon, the Viscountess de Lavaur and the Comtesse de Lalande inherited three fifths of the estate and his two sons two-fifths. Later, the surviving son Raoul took over these two-fifths, from which the opposite Château Pichon-Longueville Baron was built.
wein.plus is a handy, efficient guide to a quick overview of the colourful world of wines, winegrowers and grape varieties. In Wine lexicon, the most comprehensive of its kind in the world, you will find around 26,000 keywords on the subject of grape varieties, wineries, wine-growing regions and much more.Roman Horvath MW
Domäne Wachau (Wachau)