The winery is located in the municipality of Talence in the Pessac-Léognan
area of Graves
(Bordeaux). It is classified as "Cru Classé" for white wine (Graves). The estate was acquired by Marie de Laville in 1611. After several changes of ownership, it became the property of Frédéric-Otto Woltner in 1931. He was the owner of the neighbouring Château La Mission Haut-Brion
and Château La Tour-Haut-Brion
. All three estates were then acquired in 1983 by the Dillon family, who also owned Château Haut-Brion
and managed their empire under the name Domaine Clarence Dillon
. The vineyards of Château Laville-Haut-Brion comprise 3.7 hectares of vines. They are planted with Sémillon (70%), Sauvignon Blanc (27%) and Muscadelle (3%). The extremely long-lasting wine matures for 15 months in 100% new barriques. Only since the 2009 vintage is the wine bottled under the designation Château Laville-Haut-Brion Blanc.