The winery is located in Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). It once belonged to Château Figeac
(see the history there), from which it was separated in 1879. Three years later, the two (confusingly, the same name) Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac
were separated from the separated part. After many changes of ownership, the estate was bought by the German industrialist Otto Rettenmaier in 1973. Since 1994 it has been managed by his son Otto Maximilian. The estate is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 15 hectares with Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Franc (40%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for up to 18 months in up to 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "L'Esquisse de La Tour Figeac".