The winery is located in Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). Once it was a part of Château Figeac
(see the history there), from which Château La Tour Figeac
was separated in 1879. Three years later, two confusingly named Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac were separated from this separated part (see the other part under Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac (Giraud-Bélivier)
The property in question was bought by Antoine Moueix
(family empire) in 1947. Although the label stated "Moueix", it was not an official part of the name. Finally, in June 2007, the estate went to the group of owners of the Château Cheval Blanc
, which then sold 50% to the luxury goods group LVMH
The farm previously classified as "Grand Cru Classé" was declassified in 2006, to which an appeal was lodged. However, the declassification was confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover nine hectares with Merlot (60%), Cabernet Franc (30%), Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 to 15 months in barriques that are one third new. The second wine is called "Clos La Fleur Figeac".