The winery is located in Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The name means "irrigated by springs". It was once owned by Pierre Magneau (+1879), the finance minister under Emperor Napoleon III. (1808-1873). At that time red wine was served at the imperial court. After several changes of ownership, the estate was acquired in 1952 by Francois Rodhain, who sold it in 2002 to Roger Caille and his son Jean-Philippe. In 2013, it was then acquired by the family empire Domaine Clarence Dillon
. The farm was first classified as "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover ten hectares of vineyards with Merlot (60%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%) and Cabernet Franc (20%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 to 16 months in 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Coteaux du Château L'Arrosée".