The winery is located in the municipality of Marbuzet in the Saint-Estèphe
area of the Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux classification
according to the old system, which is no longer valid, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel" in 2003. In 1825 it was bought by the McCarthy family of Irish origin. After an eventful history with a division into several estates, it became the property of Henri Duboscq in 1952, who later also acquired the Château Chambert-Marbuzet and Château Tour-de-Marbuzet vineyards. Today the empire is managed by the son of the same name. The vineyards cover 58 hectares of vineyards with Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (40%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for up to 18 months in 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "McCarthy" after the old owner family.