The winery is located in Narbonne in the Corbières area in the French region of Languedoc. The history goes back over a thousand years. In 1065, the estate, including the vineyards already mentioned in the contract of sale, came into the possession of the Mont Laures monastery, which in 1211 was annexed to the Cistercian monastery of Fontfroide. Until the French Revolution of 1789, it served as an agricultural business for the supply of the monastery. In the course of Napoleonic secularisation, the estate was auctioned off and came into the possession of Count Daru, later to become minister and administrator of the private estates of Emperor Napoleon (1769-1821). The estate reached its heyday in the 1930s with 270 hectares of vineyards. Around 120 people worked there and lived in a veritable village with craftsmen and its own school. From the 1950s onwards things went downhill.