The estate is located in the commune of Saint-Estèphe in the Médoc (Haut-Médoc), right on the communal border with Pauillac. In the 1855 Bordeaux classification, it was ranked fifth (Cinquième Cru Classé). The vineyards were detached from the Château Cos d'Estournel opposite by expropriation in 1789 in connection with the French Revolution. The first owner was François Labory from 1800 to 1840, who gave the estate its present name. The part of the name "Cos" is derived from the common name "Caux" (gravelly hill). In 1845, Louis-Gaspard Estournel (1753-1844) bought back the estate, but seven years later he sold it to the English banker Charles Martyns. In 1958, it was acquired by the Audoy family of Argentinian origin. The vineyards of Château Cos Labory cover 18 hectares and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (60%), Merlot (35%), Cabernet Franc (10%) and Petit Verdot (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged for up to 15 months in 50% new barriques. The second wine is called "Le Charme Labory".
wein.plus is a handy, efficient guide to a quick overview of the colourful world of wines, winegrowers and grape varieties. In Wine lexicon, the most comprehensive of its kind in the world, you will find around 26,000 keywords on the subject of grape varieties, wineries, wine-growing regions and much more.Roman Horvath MW
Domäne Wachau (Wachau)