The estate is located in the commune of Léognan in the Pessac-Léognan area of Graves (Bordeaux). It was founded in 1234 by Ramon Carbonnieux. In 1740 it was taken over by Benedictine monks. According to the legend, these monks were able to sell their white wine to the Turkish court as "mineral water". It was described as one of the best wineries by the later US president Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) during his stay as US ambassador to France (1785-1789). In 1956 the Perrin family, who had immigrated from Algeria, bought the estate, restored it and replanted the vineyards. From 1982 to 2008, it was managed by Anthony Perrin (+2008), who played a key role in the creation of Pessac-Léognan as a separate appellation. Today it is run by his sons Eric and Philibert Perrin.
Both the white wine and the red wine are classified as "Cru Classé" in the single-level Graves classification. The vineyards cover 92 hectares of vineyards planted with the red wine varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec(Cot) and Petit Verdot, and the white wine varieties Sauvignon Blanc (30%), Sémillon and Muscadelle. This long-lasting white wine is aged for three months in 100% new barriques. The second white wine is called "Château La Tour-Léognan". The red wine is produced in the typical Graves style. The family also owns the vineyards Château Bois-Martin, Château Haut-Vigneau, Château La Bereisen-Léognan, Château Le Sartre and Château Lafont-Menaut, also located in Pessac-Léognan.