Log in Become a Member

Château Angélus

The vineyard is located west of the municipality of Saint-Émilion in the area of the same name on the famous "Pied de Côte" site (at the foot of the hill). In 1924, Maurice de Boüard de Laforest bought a vineyard of three hectares called Clos de l'Angélus. From this vineyard you can hear the Angelus ringing (traditional morning ringing) from the three churches of the area at the same time; these are the chapel of Mazerat, the church of St. Martin of Mazerat and the church of Saint- Émilion. The de Boüard family can look back on more than 700 years of history in Bordeaux. The new owner moved into the neighbouring Château Mazerat, which had been owned by the family since 1850, and other estates. After the Second World War (1939-1945) the estate received its present name. It was one of the first customers of the well-known oenologist Michel Rolland (*1947)

The world's largest Lexikon of wine terms.

23.268 Keywords · 48.171 Synonyms · 5.312 Translations · 28.583 Pronunciations · 157.774 Cross-references
made with by our Experts. About the Lexicon