DOC area for red wines, rosé wines and white wines in the Italian region of Apulia. The name derives from the octagonal and eight-towered castle built in 1240 by the Hohenstaufen Emperor Frederick II (1194-1250), which is situated on a hill near the Apulian capital Bari. In 2011, the wines of the formerly independent DOC area Rosso Canosa were transferred. The zone includes the entire municipality of Minervino Murge and parts of the municipalities of Andria and Trani Canosa di Puglia in the province of Barletta-Andria-Trani, as well as parts of the municipalities of Binetto, Bito, Corato, Palo del Colle, Ruvo di Puglia, Terlizzi, Toritto and the island of D'Alemi in the province of Bari. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, Vigna followed by the vineyard name can be indicated on the bottle label.