Single location in the municipality of Eitelsbach (Ruwer area) in the German Moselle growing region. The Carthusian monks received the vineyard as a gift from the Elector Balduin of Luxembourg (1285-1354) in 1335. In the past, the vineyard was divided into the areas of Burgberg, Kronenberg, Orthsberg, Sang and Stirn, but this is no longer the case today. The vineyard, which is oriented from south-southeast to south-southwest at an altitude of 170 to 275 meters above sea level, comprises 19 hectares of vineyards with up to 100% (45°) inclination. The stony Devonian slate weathered soil is interspersed with iron veins. It has a good water balance. The Riesling variety and somePinot Blanc are cultivated here to 95%. The vineyard is solely owned by the Karthäuserhof.