Log in Become a Member

Carta Vieja

The winery is located 300 kilometers south of Santiago de Chile in the heart of the Maule area. It is owned by the Del Pedregal family in the seventh generation and is one of the oldest in Chile. The vineyards cover 550 hectares of vineyards in the Valle del Maule. The main part with 80% is made up of the red varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère, Malbec, Merlot, Mission, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, the remaining 20% are planted with Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. The wines are produced in the Varietals, Selección, Blend and (from the best grapes of each vintage) Reserva lines. Eleven million bottles of wine are produced annually, the vast majority of which are exported worldwide.

The world's largest Lexikon of wine terms.

23.145 Keywords · 48.178 Synonyms · 5.311 Translations · 28.459 Pronunciations · 156.084 Cross-references
made with by our Experts. About the Lexicon

EVENTS NEAR YOU

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.