The company "Weinkellerei & Weingüter Josef Brigl" with its headquarters in the municipality of St. Michael-Eppan (San Michele-Appiano) in the area of South Tyrol (Alto Adige) in the Italian region of Trentino-South Tyrol was founded as early as 1309 and has been owned by the family ever since. Around the year 1800, besides the production of wines, a commercial activity is also mentioned. The vineyards cover about 50 hectares of vineyards on several family-owned estates between St. Magdalena and Lake Caldaro. They are planted with the white wine varieties Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Ruländer (Pinot Gris), Müller-Thurgau, Sauvignon Blanc and Goldmuskateller, as well as the red wine varieties Vernatsch, Grauvernatsch, Lagrein, Merlot and Pinot Noir.
After the grape harvest, the grapes are carefully processed without mechanical movement in the four-storey tower in order to bring out the full varietal character of the grapes. The wines are produced or marketed in the three lines Classic, Höfe and Meister. The product range includes various wines from the DOC areas of Kalterersee, St. Magdalener, South Tyrol and Terlaner, as well as IGT wines (country wines). Premium wines include South Tyrolean Chardonnay Briglhof, South Tyrolean Pinot Noir Riserva and South Tyrolean Lagrein Riserva Briglhof. Around one million bottles of wine are produced annually, 75% of which are exported, primarily to Germany and Austria. The winery is a member of the association "Die Weingüter Südtirols".