Log in Become a Member

Alta Valle della Greve

IGT area in the province of Firenze in the Italian region of Tuscany. The name means "high valley of the Greve" and refers to the 48 km long river Greve, which crosses the province from south to north and then flows into the Arno near Florence. For the wine types Bianco, Rosso (also known as Novello) and Rosato, all grape varieties permitted in Tuscany may be used in any blend. For varietal wines, the bottle label may indicate one or two grape varieties, which alone or together must give a minimum of 85%. For the remaining 15%, other authorised varieties may be used.

The world's largest Lexikon of wine terms.

23.145 Keywords · 48.178 Synonyms · 5.311 Translations · 28.459 Pronunciations · 156.092 Cross-references
made with by our Experts. About the Lexicon

EVENTS NEAR YOU

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.